Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Afternoon; 18 January 2009

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.

God's command here is to rejoice - not "for" our circumstances, but "IN" our circumstances. We are to rejoice not just over HUGE things, but in SMALL things as well. As Kendra and I drove out of the Crosspoint parking lot a few minutes ago, I received a text message from David as follows:
"Mom (Susan) just kissed me and said she loves me. She reached up and got a piece of fuzz off my chin."

Let us rejoice over the kiss between a husband and wife - let us rejoice over the statement she was able to make that she loves David - let us rejoice that she was able to pick a piece of fuzz off of David's chin... "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice!"

1 comment:

  1. Dear David, Susan & Family,

    We are so thankful that you are doing better. God is so good. Just know that you are in our hearts and we are thinking of you and your family. We just pray for your healing and recovery.

    With Love,

    Karen Cummings

    ReplyDelete